Friday, August 7, 2009

update

So, we are back to talking strike again as the southeast region's contract end is around the corner. Around the corner, meaning today. And, once again there is no rhyme or reason to what are local union reps tell us. I really hate being in limbo. The sad part is, the people sitting in Austin "negotiating" already know what the outcome will be, it's just timinng on the announcment. I, for one, wish we would just strike or ratify an agreement.

In other news, my friend Monica is pregnant!! Yay! It seems like just the other day she was complaining that she didn't want to be a "geriatric pregnancy." According to Mon, if you are over 35 and pregnant, the medical community considers you to be just this. LOL, I got the biggest kick out of this conversation and 3 months later she is preggo!! Now, it's got me to thinking, if I want kids and wait til I'm over 35 and am considered "geriatric", do I have to find a special dr or what? I have seen no advertisements for these in the Bmt area??? Guess we will find out because with the way my life has been going, I will be 35 or older before I ever have a kid.

My birthday is right around the corner and I'll be 34 this year, woohoo! I am somewhat excited because for the first time in 5 years, Brandi will be in from alaska for my birthday celebration. If you don't know much about me, my birthday is my favorite holiday ever!! I'm not a conceited person, but i love having that day be all about me. Come on, you have to admit everyone wants to be the center of attention at some point. But, having her here is like the icing on the cake, LOL!!

My life is just not very exciting, is it??? I have no witty stories or comments. Just plain old every day life....

No comments:

Post a Comment