Friday, August 28, 2009

Apparently not here...


Remember this book? Well, apparently the sidewalk doesn't end here. As a kid I remember having a few of his books of fun kid like poetry.
Well, apparently he had adult poetry books as well. Go here to see the full poem. Here is a quick exerpt. This might catch you off guard,
"Why, you jive motherfucker!" screamed Gimmesome Roy, "I've climbed through rain and sleet,
I've lost three fingers off my hands and four toes off my feet!
I've braved the lair of the polar bear and tasted the maggot's kiss.
Now, you tell me the high is in myself. What kind of shit is this?
My ears 'fore they froze off," says Roy, "had heard all kind of crap,
But I didn't climb for fourteen years to listen to that sophomore rap.
And I didn't crawl up here to hear that the high is on the natch,
So you tell me where the real stuff is or I'll kill your guru ass!"
Now, this is just a short example. I do love the way he still uses the rhyming lyrics even though these are adult poems. Makes it kind of fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment