Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obamamania!!!

They are not lying when they call it Obamamania. Mania is the only word to describe it. I can understand the excitement over the fact that this is our first black (actually half-black) president, but don't you think things have gotten a little out of hand? I mean people that never even voted have shown up for the inauguration and walked 10-15 miles to get to it because there is no place to stay. They act as though he is God. I can assure you people, he is not. No president has ever been, nor will be. Get over it.

As a nation, we have experienced all types of presidents. Some good, some bad, some were ok. Everyone has their favorite, assuming they know someting about it. My personal favorite was Ronald Regan. I have friends who LOVE Clinton. We all had an opinion on the president at the time. But, let me make one thing clear. At no point in time did we ever discuss the race of our president this much. Who cares? He is a man. A mortal. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have to go back to work, but expect to hear more on this later. I am not done.....Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment