Saturday, November 28, 2009

What I have to be thankful for....

Ok, most people think Facebook is a true waste of time. But, recently someone had a status update with a post recommending to post something you are thankful for everyday up until Thanksgiving. So, I thought I'd give it a try.

It's amazing, everyday I had to debate on which thing I wanted to post that day. Until put to the test, I did not realize how many things I have to be thankful for in my life. I never even got to the physical things, like the basic necessities food, water, and shelter that I am able to take for granted daily. I was only able to list a few short posts which mostly included my family and friends.

My aunt suggested to me that I should start a journal and continue this process. So, I am going to use my blog. If nothing else, you should at least find a quick post showing what I am thankful for each day. I know, I am sure that I will miss days, as there are some that I never even look at the computer, but I am going to try.

So let's start today off with this:

Today I am thankful that I am a strong enough person to make the tough decisions i need to make in order to make my life the best that it can be. I am so grateful to have a system of support. There are so many that reassure me daily that I can do this, and it is the right decision. I have no doubt that these are the people that have made me so strong.

Thanks to Aunt PeeWee for the suggestion! I love this!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Jill! it was great to see you the other day. Wiish we lived closer and could catch up more. Praying for you and love you-Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Can't wait to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete