Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Better days ahead....

It's amazing how bad things can be one week, and the next week it seems like everything is going my way!!

Last week was horrible... no details on that.

This weekend started this week off great. Eric catered to me all weekend because I was feeling so bad with cramps (ugh!). On Saturday we went to the Rice Festival. Food was great, music was great, weather was not. It poured on us while we were there. The parking lot was like a muddy track with cars getting stuck everywhere! You did not want to be in that lot without 4 wheel drive! Meanwhile, our 4 wheel drive sat in our driveway because i blow dried my hair that night, ha! We laughed about it the whole way home. Now my car smells like sour mud.

On Monday, a former friend decided to be friendly to me. No, this does not mean we are friends. It merely proves my point that he is still laden with guilt for what he did to me and is trying desperately to make up for it. After work, I drug a cranky Eric to the new gym in Beaumont where we opened up a membership together!! This means we get to work out together. You see, I push him in some ways and now he'll have a chance to push me at the gym. It all comes out even in the end, right?

Today I actually conversed (by email) with a family member who hasn't really spoken to me in a while. It was good, I think. I am trying to look at it positively as a sort of step towards mending fences. I really miss having her in my life and things are awkward without her. I think she might beg to differ on that statement, but I am entitled to my own opinion.

The other really great thing that happened today, I talked to a realtor about the house sell. FINALLY!!! Things are moving in the right direction and I may not have to waste money on rent. I just might have a partner in all this, after all!!

And now I am here at work and we are out of work. Gotta love that! $25.00+ an hour to sit here and watch a movie on my iphone while I wait for 4:30....

All those horrible days last week, I am glad I was able to push through them. It was a tough few days and things happened that will change my relationship forever, but I am finally seeing that there are better days ahead ... :-)

3 comments:

  1. Next time we take the Jeep... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the right stuff - relationships will get better.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to whoever you are :-) i am sure hoping so!

    ReplyDelete